Open Days: Engineering Programme
What Engineering Science Open Day activities should I attend?
If you are fairly certain you want to study Engineering Science at Oxford
Spend the entire morning or entire afternoon with us. We suggest:
- Start with the Q&A session if you are a prospective student, otherwise attend Parent’s and Carers’ session
- After the first session, you have a few options.
- Taster Lectures run twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Since the first year of engineering is general, you can attend any of the taster lectures and get a feel for actual Engineering Science lectures at Oxford.
- When you aren’t at a taster lecture, take a tour of the department with a current student. These happen on a drop-in basis for most of the day (except from 12-2). This gives you a chance to speak to a current student and see our main undergraduate labs and lecture rooms.
- You can also chat with an academic at the Academic Information Desk in the foyer about college life, research, the course, interviews or anything else you are curious about.
The afternoon sessions is a repeat of the morning sessions so that you can go explore colleges and other subjects for part of the day.
If you just want to drop by to see what Engineering Science is all about
There are a few ways you can get a quick taste of what Engineering Science at Oxford is like:
- Attend a Q&A session if you are a prospective student, otherwise attend Parent’s and Carers’ session. This is a quick 30 minute session that answers most questions about the programme.
- Tours of the department leave all throughout the day (except from 12-2) and take about 30 minutes. Tours give you a chance to speak to a current student and see our main undergraduate labs and lecture rooms.
- Have a quick chat with a current student or academic. You can find current students everywhere on Open Days – just look for people with Oxford lanyards. They will be very happy to speak with you! You can find academics at the Academic Information Desk. Both students and academics can speak to you about a wide variety of things including college life, research, the course, interviews or anything else you are curious about.
Please note that the morning sessions tend to be significantly busier than the afternoon sessions, so if you can attend the afternoon sessions this is advisable.