Events for Industry
The Department hosts sponsored events for industry. These have proved hugely successful over the last couple of years and provide companies with an opportunity to reach undergraduates and postgraduates from Engineering Science and other relevant Oxford University departments e.g. Materials, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, over a lunchtime period (with lunch provided for up to 60 people). Companies can use this platform to recruit Oxford students or communicate information about their business, products and services.
In order to defray the costs associated with co-ordinating and administering each talk we invite companies to make a contribution in the region of £1,200 including VAT. Defraying the costs of each talk means that the Department has more funds available for its core areas of teaching and research.
For more information please contact Eva Williams, External Relations Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
This year we have staged events in partnership with the following companies:
Research Group Seminars
Several research groups within the Department also run their own seminar series. To find more about these seminars, please follow the links below:
- Robotics Seminars
- Solid Mechanics Seminars
- Control Seminars
- Chemical Engineering Seminars
- Biomedical Engineering Seminars
- Osney Thermo-Fluids Laboratory Seminar Series
The schedule of upcoming events is listed here. To read about past events, please visit our news page.
- BioEngenuity Keynote Mar 06, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM — Richard Doll Building, Old Road Research Campus, Oxford OX3,
- Join The Institute of Biomedical Engineering for the second BioEngenuity Keynote followed by a networking lunch and interactive poster session.
- Researchers Conference (Employees only) Mar 16, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 05:30 PM — St Anne's College,
- Join your colleagues on the 16th March 2017 at the Department of Engineering’s free Researchers Conference to develop your professional skills and learn about future developments within the Department.