Events for Industry
The Department hosts sponsored events for industry. These have proved hugely successful over the last couple of years and provide companies with an opportunity to reach undergraduates and postgraduates from Engineering Science and other relevant Oxford University departments e.g. Materials, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, over a lunchtime period (with lunch provided for up to 60 people). Companies can use this platform to recruit Oxford students or communicate information about their business, products and services.
In order to defray the costs associated with co-ordinating and administering each talk we invite companies to make a contribution in the region of £1,200 including VAT. Defraying the costs of each talk means that the Department has more funds available for its core areas of teaching and research.
For more information please contact Eva Williams, External Relations Officer: email@example.com
This year we have staged events in partnership with the following companies:
Research Group Seminars
Several research groups within the Department also run their own seminar series. To find more about these seminars, please follow the links below:
- Robotics Seminars
- Solid Mechanics Seminars
- Control Seminars
- Chemical Engineering Seminars
- Biomedical Engineering Seminars
- Osney Thermo-Fluids Laboratory Seminar Series
The schedule of upcoming events is listed here. To read about past events, please visit our news page.
- 43rd Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture May 10, 2017 from 01:45 PM to 07:15 PM — Department of Engineering Science,
- This year's Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture will be given on Wednesday 10 May by Naomi Climer, Trustee and Past President of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, Chair of the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) Council and Chair of the UK Government (DCMS) Future Communications Challenge Group (FCCG) looking at the technology opportunities for the UK around 5G and the Internet of Things.