Events for Industry
The Department hosts sponsored events for industry. These have proved hugely successful over the last couple of years and provide companies with an opportunity to reach undergraduates and postgraduates from Engineering Science and other relevant Oxford University departments e.g. Materials, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, over a lunchtime period (with lunch provided for up to 60 people). Companies can use this platform to recruit Oxford students or communicate information about their business, products and services.
In order to defray the costs associated with co-ordinating and administering each talk we invite companies to make a contribution in the region of £1,200 including VAT. Defraying the costs of each talk means that the Department has more funds available for its core areas of teaching and research.
For more information please contact Eva Williams, External Relations Officer: email@example.com
This year we have staged events in partnership with the following companies:
- Robotics Seminars
- Solid Mechanics Seminars
- Control Seminars
- Chemical Engineering Seminars
- Biomedical Engineering Seminars
- Osney Thermo-Fluids Laboratory Seminar Series
The schedule of upcoming events is listed here. To read about past events, please visit our news page.
- Meeting Minds: Alumni Weekend in Oxford - 19 - 21 September 2014 Sep 20, 2014 from 11:45 AM to 07:00 PM — Department of Engineering Science, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ ,
- Now in its eighth year, the annual Meeting Minds: Alumni Weekend in Oxford event continues to showcase the best and brightest of Oxford - past, present and future. On Saturday the 20th September the Department of Engineering Science is staging four special events for its alumni as part of the University of Oxford's 2014 Alumni Weekend.